Carbon monoxide is a harmful gas that is known for causing serious illness and sometimes even death. It’s colorless and odorless, and this makes it especially threatening for homeowners to detect its presence.
Learn more about carbon monoxide below, then count on the experts at Sweepnman, Inc. We will ensure your gas appliances are working well, thus minimizing your risk of exposure to this dangerous gas. Put your worries to rest and trust the professional care from us!
Symptoms Of Exposure
Because carbon monoxide is life-threatening, it is very important to know the symptoms of exposure to stay safe. For instance, feelings of lightheadedness, weakness, dizziness, or confusion are a clear sign that a hazardous gas may have entered your household.
Others describe symptoms as flu-like. You might experience some nausea and vomiting, and you could feel some chest pain, as well. Headaches are another indication that something is amiss. No matter what ailments you are experiencing, if you suspect that poisonous gas has entered your home, you should leave immediately and seek medical attention.
Avoiding Carbon Monoxide
How can one avoid carbon monoxide exposure altogether? By investing in regular care for your chimney and gas appliances is a big first step. The CSIA recommends scheduling chimney inspections at least once a year to check for clogs, obstructions, or structural damage. A dirty chimney will lead to problems in a hurry. When airflow is inhibited, fumes and smoke can easily back up into your living space.
This increases the chance of carbon monoxide exposure significantly. Our team can give you a thorough and in-depth inspection in no time, offering you the peace of mind you deserve!
It is also recommended to invest in carbon monoxide detectors for your home. As we said above, this gas has no scent and cannot be seen, so there is no true way to detect its presence. These devices will notify you right away if dangerous fumes are in the air, giving you a heads up.
Rely On Our Team For It All
The team at Sweepnman, Inc. has over two decades of experience, so we know what we are doing when it comes to keeping homes in the area safe. We can get your system inspected in a jiffy and perform necessary repairs and sweepings to ensure it runs efficiently in the months and years ahead.
There is no time to lose when it comes to the safety of your home and family, so get in touch with us today and get an appointment. We are excited to help!